Saturday, June 20, 2015

Day 9 and 10

I am back with a double day because work was so brutal yesterday that by the time I got home I had nothing left in me.


Even though it was  a very stressful day, busy and emotionally draining. I did not make any bad choices regardless of how much I felt  I "needed" some chips or a glass of wine. I have to stop and remind myself that I don't need it, I'm just trying to deal with my emotions with food. I have been trying so hard to not do any of that that I felt victorious when I chose a long shower and early bedtime instead.

Here's my food for day 9:

Breakfast: chicken sausage, 1.5 hard boiled eggs, sautéed yellow squash and mushrooms. 

Lunch: chicken, mushrooms, raw veggies and avocado.

Dinner: pork with onions seasoned with coconut aminos,  sweet potato and avocado.

The food keeps me fueled and satisfied all day even with the crazy day I had! Today, I was hoping for an easier day at work . Unfortunately, that didn't even happen. It actually ended up being even harder on me than the day before. Days so heavily charged with emotion and demanding so much physically make me realize how much the strides I've made in my journey have helped.

I have plenty of excess baggage left to drag around but it's days like these that show me how the extra 40ish pounds I had before took even more out of me. So yes, it takes time and effort. Yes, it will take more time and more effort. But is so worth it!!

Here is my food for today:


Breakfast: chicken sausage, 1.5 hard boiled eggs, sautéed yellow squash and mushrooms. 

Lunch: chicken, avocado, raw veggies .

Dinner: beef fajitas  and an avocado filled with fresh salsa.

After having another demanding day at work, I was ready to come home and relax. Unfortunately, it wasn't in the cards. I came home to some really devastating news  about the health of one of my aunts ( more like a second mom) back home. It's hard to cope with my emotions when I was already so emotionally drained from work these past two days.

 When you are tired, you are more emotional. These are the times when I have lost control before. Today I will not lose control Over what I can control
I can control what I eat.
I can control every choice I make.
I can take charge of my brain and body.
I can take care of me.
I can decide to not pick up my old habits.
I do not need food.
Food is not going to fix it.
I have to help myself so I can help others.
I will make good choices.
I will stay strong. 
You can do it too.

Until next time!




2 comments:

  1. You are doing so well! I'm really proud of you! And thank you for reminding me many great things!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I always appreciate your time and your comments. Come visit again!