Friday, October 3, 2014

If a straight line doesn't happen, then Loopy and Wiggly is the way

Feels like fall is finally trying to get here! Fall is my favorite season and I must admit the reason has always been because of all the yummy foods and holidays that come along with the season. This year I will make fall be about so much more than the food. Our weather is starting to change and I love being able to enjoy outside more. I got our deck cleaned and cleared up and I also decided to get a little yard work in, to distract my brain when all of a sudden I couldn't stop thinking about cooking and eating some fall baked goodies.
I always try to make a deal with myself when I get a craving or the binge urge. I have written about that before. Some of the ways I deal with this is by telling myself I'll get something IF and only if,  I still want it bad enough after getting something done or drinking a bottle of water and what I get will depend on where I am in my calorie budget for the day. So far, it's been working, but sometimes it takes both focusing on accomplishing an activity (or three) and several water bottles to get me there. Who cares what it takes, right? The point is being able to work through it. It reminded me of this graphic I came across a little bit ago and that I want to share with you today:



So don't get frustrated or disappointed when the "straight line" isn't happening in your journey. It's ok get loopy, extra squiggly and wiggly on your road to your goals. Even if the loops and wiggles make the road longer and it takes time, you will still make it there! And the graphic will look more fun😉. Have a great weekend yall! Stay strong!

4 comments:

  1. I think this is where I've gone wrong in the past. My straight path takes a turn, and instead of following it, I jump into a ditch filled with Cheetos. Thanks for reminding me to stay on the path, no matter how loopy it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too Connie! We can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weight loss is almost NEVER in a straight line. Great post!
    -FogDogWeightLoss.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right FD it never is but somehow I've always expected it to be! No wonder I'd get frustrated and gave up when it got hard!live and learn!

      Delete

Thank you for reading! I always appreciate your time and your comments. Come visit again!