Friday, January 9, 2015

A day Late

     I was so so exhausted last night that when I decided to close my eyes for a few minutes before writing, I ended up sleeping until my alarm went off this morning! Not only was a super busy day but I was also anxious about my biometric. I think that I was so wound up about it in my brain, that after it was done it was like taking a deep breath after you have been holding it for a while. 

      I was surprised it was not as terrible as I thought it would be. Let's be clear: my numbers are not good at all, and I have a lot of work in order to decrease my risks and increase my quality of life. However, I was shocked that my total cholesterol was actually normal and that my glucose (my biggest fear) was normal as well. I was also excited about having lost another 2.2 pounds since last Friday. I want to think that my hard work so far has aided those numbers and that as I continue down this path, I will only continue to improve. I plan on getting my labs done again in 3 months to see how everything is.

      Here is my LUNCHBOX OF THE DAY



 I had a bigger than usual lunch today with 5oz of mushrooms sauteed in a tiny bit of coconut oil and mixed with some parsley and 3oz of roasted pork loin. I had my usual veggies to snack on during the day as well. I will be working late today and wanted to make sure I was not tempted to snack before I get home tonight. Hope everyone has a great weekend! As for me, This is Hump day and will be working over the weekend. Stay strong everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats, Alati! That's awesome! You are rocking it! And that food looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! You keep this up your numbers will be GREAT! You lunch looks awesome if you would throw out those fungus'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But they were the best part Retha! Lol thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. Your food looks yummy and satisfying! Radishes are a favourite in our house. This might sound weird, but my kids grew up on toast and radishes, which they learned from their grandparents on my hubby's side. How exciting to see number results from your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks D! It's nice when the scale responds! I love love radishes, one of my faves for sure!

      Delete

Thank you for reading! I always appreciate your time and your comments. Come visit again!